all dressed up

all dressed up
wedding

even does her own hair

even does her own hair

Jessica, Mom and me

Jessica, Mom and me
Mt. Kearsage

Saturday, September 19, 2009

NH trip/wedding in Maine

Well Jessica and I had a great time back East. We spent 4 days with mom and dad, then 4 days in Maine (counting travel) then another 3 1/2 days with Mom and dad.

We went apple picking at Gould hill which is one of my favorite places:) The first time we went the apples weren't quite ready and were a bit tart, but Jessica spent time taking photos and enjoyed doing that. We did finally get a bunch of apples the day before we left and got to pack home a bunch...I love my NH apples!!

Jessica looked beautiful at the wedding. She does NOT get her dressing style from me or mom! She dresses way nicer than either of us! Talk about style. Course being 5"9 or so certainly helps. But the shoes....good gravy. I could never walk in the real high heels that she wears, but she loves them. I am a country hick for sure. I have no style. And feel most comfy in jeans and sweatshirts, whereas my daughter loves clothes and loves to dress up. Anyway she was stunning. Can't believe this is my little girl...or as I still call her 'squirt'.....seems kind of funny to call her that but it is the name she's had for so long.

Jessica had a reading to do at the wedding and my typically nervous little girl was incredibly comfortable and did amazing. she had no nervousness at all and was actually excited to be doing the reading. This was amazing to me as she hates to read out loud and has never done so in front of a group. And she doesn't like being 'in the spotlight'. But she was so thrilled for her cousin and so happy to be a part of the wedding that she was actually excited about the whole thing. She read beautifully, looking at the bride and groom, speaking clearly and loudly and I sat there with tears in my eyes realizing how grown up my baby was. She loved taking photos and is creating a gift for the newlyweds with them. She had a good time at the reception...dancing with some other girls and her cousins and Aunt Sandy. There were no young men there (gee, isn't that too bad..) but she still danced away and had a great time.

We spent a lot of time shopping. Just ask dad! She found a few nice things in Concord but hit the jackpot when Dad drove us to the Tilton shopping center...TWICE!. There she found a teen store with great sales. She was in hog heaven! I am sure dad was amazed that anyone could spend so much time shopping. She got some really nice clothes and of course another pair of high heals. Can never have too many shoes, according to Jessica. Dad was amazingly patient and never made a peep about how long we were shopping and Jessica really appreciated it! As did I. And believe me, it was long.

We hiked up Mt. Kearsage and also went to the flume. The colors back there were not quite turning but we did see a little color in the swampy areas. We enjoyed both our hikes.

We had a great time visiting with everyone and it was nice to spend some quiet time with mom and dad. Jessica worked on jigsaw puzzles a lot when we were just visiting at the house.
At least that gave her some entertainment when we were home.

1 comment: